Becki & Darren

I've known Becki a LONG time! Some of my first photo sessions were ones that she hired me. She is one of the most selfless and sweetest people I know. I hadn't heard from her in a while and it was because she met the love of her life! But he has Huntingtons Disease. I was heartbroken for her. She called to tell me that she wanted a photo session with the two of them. It needed to be soon because he has lost the ability to smile. We scheduled a few times but it was just too cold and Darren had gotten a cold and couldn't be out in the cold weather. Well, the stars finally aligned and we scheduled and it all worked out. We worked quickly and I loved to see how much Becki loved this man. I am so happy she got to meet him and that he was able to have her in his life. I wish the best for them and will fill their numbered days with much love. She cried tears of happiness and gratefulness when she saw their picture gallery. I am glad I was able to do this for her. THIS is why pictures are so important! To capture people as they truly are and to be remembered.
I caught this picture of Becki warming Darren's hands. She says she hates her hands (I can relate!) but I think this photo is so telling about their relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment